ACC is seeking potential leaders of the in-house bar to be considered for its board of directors!
WASHINGTON (January 13, 2020) — The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC), a global legal association representing more than 45,000 members in 85 countries has announced that they are?seeking potential leaders to be considered for its board of directors.
The 2020 Nominating Committee, chaired by Immediate Past Board Chair Simon Fish, executive vice president & general counsel at BMO Financial Group, is charged with identification of nominees for the ACC Board of Directors. Serving a three-year volunteer term offers the opportunity to help shape the future of ACC.
Nominations of candidates, including self-nominations, are due by Friday, March 13, 2020.
Nominations should include a brief biography, and a short statement about why the individual should be selected for the board.
Submit your nomination here.
The principal criteria that the Nominating Committee seeks are a commitment and willingness to work on behalf of ACC, as well as a candidate's general recognition as a leader by business and legal professionals. In considering candidates for the ACC Board of Directors, the Nominating Committee seeks to reflect the diversity of the ACC membership and the in-house counsel community. Further key considerations include:
- The type of organization represented;
- Size of legal department;
- Practice concentration and/or industry experience;
- Geographic representation to reflect the breadth of the association membership;
- International experience (such as living and/or working outside of the United States or managing global staff or issues);
- Independence, objectivity and capability of serving as a representative of the association as a whole irrespective of committee or chapter affiliations; and
- Company’s willingness to support ACC Board participation.
All Board candidates must also be willing to commit, as well as have, sufficient time and employer support to discharge the duties of Board membership, including travel to ACC Board meetings. ACC does not cover the expenses of board members’ travel and hotel accommodations. If this is a concern you may wish to reconsider your nomination.
The Nominating Committee will determine a final slate of nominees for election by the Board of Directors at the Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, PA, which takes place in October.